Wasn’t that a great Sole Sisters Race Weekend back in June? We had such a time! And then we promptly took the summer off. But, we did so knowing we would have a lot of fall events. Don’t you find that early fall is the best? Personally, I love this part of fall. Technically it is fall through December 22nd (but it feels like winter long before it officially starts). I am sure you’ve noticed that the leaves are really starting to pop. And as I type this I am stealing looks out my window where I see the most beautiful reds, oranges and yellows. And while most days started cool this week, once I got moving, the temperature truly felt perfect. This to me is as good as it gets! And while we may string together a few more glorious days this month it won’t last. And next month the leaves won’t be colorful, heck they won’t even still be on the trees. To borrow a phrase from Game of Thrones: WINTER IS COMING. I think that helps to explain why I always find November to be a particular challenge. The race season is over. The days are shorter. I am cold all the time. And I don’t really get to socialize with other Sole Sisters. So I’ve decided to change the way I feel about November by having LOTS of events to look forward to (and half of them are indoors!). So mark your calendar for these November events and I promise to change the way you think of November also:
FALL SOCIALS on Wednesdays at 45 Graham’s Grove, Dartmouth on October 16, 23, 30, November 6, 13 and 20th – FREE (No RSVP Required)
- November 9th – our third Supporter Party: the Ugly Christmas Sweater Skate at BMO Bedford Indoor Rink FREE – (RSVP Required)
- Toques on Track on Saturday, November 16th from 9am-12pm in Dartmouth. Indoor 5K walk or run with toque & medal. $22 tickets on eventbrite.com
- Tutus on Track on Sunday, November 24th from 9am to 11am in Halifax. Indoor 5K walk or run with tutu & medal. $22 tickets on eventbrite.com
- The Fall Tutu Challenge participate in both events on November 16th & November 24th 5K walk or run in Dartmouth and Halifax at Indoor Tracks with toque, tutu and 3 medals for $39.99 tickets on eventbrite.com
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION PRICING for Sole Sisters 5K on Saturday, June 6, 2020 lasts through November 30th and starts at $40 on raceroster.com
For those of you counting, we are offering *SIX (6) Sole Sisters Events* in November, where you can skate, walk or run and half of them are inside! Okay, that may only matter to me but it also means that weather doesn’t cancel our events.
And when all these events are over? Well, it’ll be December and while I HATE November. I LOVE December! I enjoy all the holiday madness that starts first thing and fills the month of December. I hope you will use a Sole Sisters Supporter Party, a SOCIALS or an indoor walk/run event in November to find your base fitness or keep it so that the holidays don’t derail you. We’ll pick up in January with another Sole Sisters Supporter Party!
Now everyone join me in saying NOVEMBER IS THE BEST even though WINTER IS COMING.